Hello my friends!This Advice post is going to be all about getting goood grades. We are now almost to the end of the school year. Meaning if your grades are not that well, you still have time to get them up. Therefor don't give up, i am here to help you out! I will be walking you though some tips on how to manage time and stay organized, so you can feel more confident doing your school work.
Lets get started!
- Don't Procrastinate: I am a huge procrastinator and from experience this is the one thing that could have ruin me in school. No matter how much time was given on a project, i would wait tell the very last min. to finish it. But the sad part is, once i did set down to do my homework i would be finish with it in know time at all. So my tip for you is... DON'T WAIT! Once you get the assignment, do it. I don't care if you have a month to complete it, just get it out of the way.
- Keep a Planner (time management is key): I started using a planner in middle school and thought it was the greatest thing ever. Therefor tell this day i still use one. So the tip is, when you get assigned homework, test/quiz dates or even a field trip write it down in your planner. Use different colors for different task. (i will be doing a post on how i organize mine)
- Got to class!: In High School and College i did anything i wanted to do, including skipping classes or just not showing up. This is a big no-no! especially for High School where you have to basically show up and breath and you pass. So my tip is,go to class! If you didn't know attendance is part of your grade. So you can do all of the homework, do well on the quizzes and test, but if your attendance sucks, so will your grade!
- Use the Internet: We have it easy compared to our parents, when it comes to the Internet. We can get on and get help with EVERYTHING! So my tip for you is, if you need help with home work or want to know more about a topic... look it up. I will leave my favorite help websites at the end of this post.
- Buy all of the Books: In collage this is really important. because a lot of the test and topics talked about in class, will be from the book. So my tip for you is to buy the books... but also read ahead. know whats going on before you go to class.
- Don't get Distracted: When it is homework time don't be on twitter, facebook, instagram... those are distraction's. If you know how block them or time block them, then you will not be tempted to go on.
- Study: Make flashcards for everything! Its the perfect way to retain information.
- Take Breaks: Doing to much homework or studying at once is a waist of time. Only because you are tired and your not retaining the information. So go ahead and take that break, but limit yourself to like 5-10 min.
- Get outside Help: When i was younger i went to an outside homework program (basically after school homework help) I did that from 3rd to 5th grade. While doing that i had a tutor and she would be my tutor all my years of schooling. Yes, i was blessed! So my tip for you is to check with you school and see if they have tutoring classes or sessions. Also ask your teacher for help. A lot of times they stay after school for 2 hours.
- Make Friends: In your classes you will need friends. If your sick and miss notes, they will be the one to go too. They are also good when you need help on homework, so get there numbers.
- Eat Healthy: This is a huge way on how you are going to feel and think. So have a nice balanced breakfast and don't eat junk for lunch. Doing this you will notice yourself feeling more energized and paying attention.
Helpful Study Sites
Buy Book for Cheap