Part of me going on this healthier eating lifestyle, is sharing what i eat with you all. So for lunch when i want something fast quick and easy without all of the fuss of thinking, i love to make a Tuna Spinach Sandwich. But its not your average Tuna Sandwich, this one has no mayonnaise! (i cant stand mayo) Its also a meal anyone can make because you really need know cooking skills. If you can make a PB&J you can definitely make this. So lets get started with what you are going to need and how to make it.
Ingredients (makes 2 sandwiches) :
1 5oz can of Tuna in water
1 hard-boiled egg, shelled
1/4 cups of chopped onions
1/4 cups of chopped tomatoes (optional)
2 dashes of garlic salt
3 dashes of black pepper
couple pieces of baby spinach
4 pieces of whole wheat bread
- Take a can opener and open the 5oz can of tuna in water. Drain liquid and put tuna in a bowl.
- Put 2 dashes of garlic salt and 3 dashes of black pepper and mix together.
- Add 1/4 cups of chopped onions and 1/4 cups of tomatoes.
- Take a knife and slice up the hard boiled egg into the bowl...mix together.
- Put your 4 pieces of whole wheat bread in a toaster... Then add it to a saucer.
- Put tuna mixture on bread, add your pieces of baby spinach and wah-lah!
Serve with a side of stemmed broccoli and a glass of water... Happy Lunching!